Thursday, December 13, 2007

Top General Sparks Outrage: Calls Same-Sex Relationships “Immoral”

http://www.glaad.org/eye/stories.php#ucc_ejector

This is definitely a touchy subject, but in my own opinion I believe we as humans do not have a right to condemn others for their actions. I think we should respect their differences as long as it doesn’t affect society as a whole or harm anyone.

I personally do not agree with any homosexual actions; however, I do not believe this makes someone a bad person and they shouldn’t be treated like a bad person.

The General was definitely wrong about speaking up in such a manner and yes he should be praising ANYONE who sacrifices themselves for their country, but he obviously believed in what he spoke and I myself wouldn’t have apologized for my beliefs. But it makes me wonder if this General is a typical example of how society and media pressures men to be as macho as possible and anything less than that is, and excuse my pun, gay.

No comments: