Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thanksgiving Has Nothing to do with Iraq

The other day, during the Thanksgiving holiday, I heard this quick report on the radio that went something like, “Today in Iraq there are families celebrating a traditional Thanksgiving meal complete with turkey and stuffing…”

What the fuck, and excuse my language, but who the hell cares about what the Iraq people are doing for Thanksgiving?! Not to mention that why are they celebrating it anyway?!?! Thanksgiving celebrates the day when the Indians taught the white people, aka pilgrims, how to grow corn and live on this land. I don’t remember the Indians ever teaching the Iraq people how to grow corn.

This radio bit made me furious! They shouldn’t be celebrating this holiday because it is an AMERICAN holiday! Plus, were they being forced to celebrate it? Was it being pressured onto them? Honestly, where would they get the idea to celebrate this American holiday? And what’s next?? Are they going to start dressing up like Santa Clause and laying out cookies and milk for him?

I believe in helping other countries and I fully support our troops but I DO NOT support us trying to instill OUR traditions on people that aren’t even in our country! It’s ridiculous!

No comments: